Arizona law (ARS 15:343) requires proof of immunizations. Students who have not received all of the required immunizations may not be enrolled in school. Exceptions to school immunization requirements will be made only if the vaccine, as documented by a physician, will seriously endanger the health of the student. Bring your child's shot or immunization record with you when you register your child.
DTP, DT, DtaP, Td (Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis)
- Required: 4 doses, but...
- One more dose if 4th dose was given before the 4th birthday. If five doses have been given at appropriate intervals, no further doses are needed.
IPV, OPV (Polio)
- Required: 3 doses, but...
- One more dose if 3rd dose was given before the 4th birthday. If four or more doses have been given at appropriate intervals, no further doses are needed.
MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- Required: 1 or 2 doses
- Dose #1 on or after the first birthday. Dose #2 is recommended for all other students.
Hep B (Hepatitis B)
- 3 doses
Td (Tetanus, diphtheria)
- 1 dose
- 10 years following the last dose of DTP, DTaP, DT. Td booster recommended if five years have elapsed since last DTP/DTaP/DT.