To parents and guardians,
At Cedar Unified School District, we use G Suite for Education, and we are seeking your permission to provide and manage a G Suite for Education account for your child. G Suite for Education is a set of education productivity tools from Google including Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Classroom, and more used by tens of millions of students and teachers around the world. At Cedar Unified School District, students will use their G Suite accounts to complete assignments, communicate with their teachers, sign into Chromebooks, and learn 21st century digital citizenship skills.
The notice below provides answers to common questions about what Google can and can’t do with your child’s personal information, including:
• What personal information does Google collect?
• How does Google use this information?
• Will Google disclose my child’s personal information?
• Does Google use student personal information for users in K-12 schools to target advertising?
• Can my child share information with others using the G Suite for Education account?
Please read it carefully, let us know of any questions, and then sign below to indicate that you’ve read the notice and give your consent. If you don’t provide your consent, we will not create a G Suite for Education account for your child. Students who cannot use Google services may need to use other software to complete assignments or collaborate with peers.
Please click the link below to view more information and to access permission form.