Skip to Main Content
Cedar Unified School District #25
Jeddito School
Home of the Nighthawks
Cedar Unified School District

Jeddito School Frequently Asked Questions

What time does my child need to be at school?

Students are late if they arrive later than 7:50 a.m. Please ensure that your child arrives on time. Be sure your child is ready for the bus when it arrives for pickup to school. Students who are not in class at a given time are tardy.

Back to Top

How can I obtain a Visitor's Pass?

It's easy! If you want to visit the campus, just check in with the front office to obtain a visitor's pass. We want you to visit our campus, but of course, safety is our first priority. So please, remember to get your pass first, and then make sure to display it while you are on campus. We look forward to seeing you!

Back to Top

What if I have a problem or concern about my child or my child's education?

If you are having a problem or are concerned about your child or your child's education, we want you to call or come to the office. Our office staff is extremely helpful looks forward to helping you with your needs.

Back to Top

How do I become a volunteer?

We encourage parents to be involved in their child's education. If you would like to volunteer, please stop by the school office and ask for information about volunteering. Our parent involvement coordinator organizes many fun and informative programs, both during school and in the evenings. You can also contact her to find out how you can take advantage of these programs.

Back to Top

When can I sit down to talk to my child's teacher about my child's academic and social progress?

We schedule formal parent teacher conferences three times during the school year. On those dates, we will dismiss school at 1:00 p.m. You can schedule your conference in a few different time slots.

Day One: 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
Day Two: 2:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. / 6:00 p.m.–8:00 p.m.
You can also arrange to have a conference at other times if you are unable to attend during the times listed above.

Back to Top

Does the school offer counseling service?

Yes. Counselors will be available for individual and group counseling. You can also stop by the counseling office to look at the materials that are available.

Back to Top

How can I find out if school has been cancelled, delayed, or dismissed early due to weather or excessive illness?

School closures and delays are announced on the following radio stations:

KTNN/Window Rock 660 AM
KAFF/Flagstaff 92.9 FM
KNAU/Flagstaff 88.7 FM
KUYI/Hopi 88.1 FM
KOLT/Flagstaff 107.5 FM

Back to Top

What happens if my student is injured or sick while at school?

If your student is injured or sick while at school, we will take care of your child. The school nurse will be in charge of any first aid activities. We will notify you as soon as possible. If you are unable to transport your sick or injured child, the principal, a teacher, or a home liaison will take the student home, to a doctor, or to the hospital, depending on the severity of the illness or injury. If there is an extreme case, we will seek professional care, whether or not family permission has been given.

Back to Top

If my child is sick, and on antibiotics, can they still attend school?

Your child must be on antibiotics at least 24 hours before returning to school. Do not send your child to school if he/she is sick. If your child has a fever, do not send them to school. If your child has impetigo, pink eye, head lice, or another contagious disease, they should not come to school until a doctor has treated them. The safety and health of our students is very important, and we do not want to expose more children to any illness.

Back to Top

How often will I receive a report card for my child?

You will receive both report cards and a progress report. We issue report cards four times per year. At the midpoint of each grading period, you will receive a progress report that will let you know how your student is progressing.

Back to Top

How can my child be on the Honor Roll?

Students who earn a 3.0 GPA, with no D, F, or Incomplete grades, will be on the Honor Roll. The Principal's List requires a 4.0 GPA. If your child achieves Honor Roll status 3 out of the 4 grading periods, we will include his/her name on the Superintendent's List.

Back to Top

What kinds of athletics/activities does Jeddito offer?

We offer a wide variety of sports and activities. We are members of the Northern Arizona Interscholastic Association, which offers volleyball, soccer, cross-country, basketball, wrestling, cheerleading, and softball. Students in grades 6-8 are eligible to participate. If your student is in a lower grade, Jeddito offers a comprehensive intramural program.

Back to Top

What do I need to do to notify the school if my child is absent or has an appointment?

You can call the school between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, to let the attendance office know that your child will be absent. You can also leave a message on the attendance clerk's voice mail. The phone number is 738.2334, ext. 103. If you do not call, you must send a signed note upon the child's return. When your child returns to school after an absence, they will need to come to the office to obtain an admit slip that will allow them to go back to class.

Back to Top

What is your policy on truancy?

We expect your child attend 90% of the possible school days. That means your child will be allowed to miss only nine days of school per semester. We will send a letter home on the 3rd and 7th absence to notify you. We do not tolerate unexcused absences. If a student is absent for five straight days without notification, it is considered habitual. We do report truancy cases to the proper authorities. After 10 consecutive unexcused absences, your student will be withdrawn from school. We will also report it to the proper authorities. Your child may be at risk of being retained. Remember how important attendance is to your child's success, and make sure they are in school!

Back to Top

How can my child make up work if they are absent?

Your child can ask for assignments that they missed when they return to school. If your child knows that they will be absent ahead of time, they can also ask for future work. Your student has one day for each day absent to make up the work that he/she has missed. However, we will not allow your child to make up work for an unexcused absence.

Back to Top

What kind of recognition is given for my child if they have perfect attendance?

We give special awards at a quarterly Spirit and Pride Assembly and at the end of the school year.

Back to Top

What do I do if I have a complaint?

At times, disagreements between students, parents, and school staff occur. If you or your student wishes to file a grievance against a teacher or staff member, please follow these steps:

  • Consult the teacher or another staff member directly, and set up a conference to accommodate both parties.
  • If the problem is not resolved, the next step is to make contact with the principal and then the superintendent.
  • If the process has failed, please request a hearing of the board of education with the superintendent.
Back to Top

If I have a grievance that concerns a member of the transportation, maintenance, or custodial staff, what should I do?

Contact the employee and set up a conference to accommodate both parties.

  • If the problem is not resolved, you will need to contact the employee's immediate supervisor.
  • If the problem is not resolved, you will need to contact the superintendent.
  • If the process has failed, you will need to request a hearing of the board of education with the superintendent.
Back to Top

Is there a dress code at Jeddito School?

Yes, we encourage your child to take pride in their appearance as it relates to the school setting. Your child should dress in a manner that contributes to the safety, health, and welfare of themselves and other students. Dress should not interfere with the learning process in any way.

Back to Top